Free Tennis for Kids
- NYJTL’s Community Tennis Program is for children and teens between the ages of 5 and 18.
- All levels from beginner to advanced.
- Anywhere in NYC (see sites and seasons below)
- District 75 (special needs) students are always welcome.
- The only thing participants need to bring are sneakers and bottled water.
Registration and Attendance:
- Registration for all NYJTL Community Tennis Programs is continuous and OPEN
- Players can register at any time during the season
- Registration must be in person ONLY
- There is not an “application’ – no one is rejected or placed on a waiting list
- Registration can be done ONLY at the sites on the days and times of each location’s hours of operation
- Attendance on any given day is optional
Equipment, Events & Schedules
- We provide all equipment for use during the FREE training session.
- There is no charge for use of the rackets.
- Tournaments and events are planned for all ages during every season.
- Specific Daily schedules based on ages & ability levels are established by the Site Director at the time of registration.
Schedules are TENTATIVE. Dates, Times and Locations are SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
REMINDER: All tennis activities are outdoors (except Winter). In case of rain please use your best judgement. Classes may be cancelled due to wet and slippery courts.
For more information and seasonal pictures please click the appropriate link below:
Contact Scott Daly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 347-417-8125 / 347-417-8153
The Tennis Advantage
- Healthy physical activity
- A sense of accomplishment as they master a complex skill
- Grit, stamina, and persistence.
- An antidote to the “summer slump” in our summer reading club
- A safe place to have fun
10 & Under Tennis Helps Kids Succeed
Younger players get special racquets, shorter courts, and modified scoring so they can have fun on the very first day. They gain skills and confidence—so they want to keep coming back.
Skilled, Caring Instructors
Our tennis instructors are specially trained to work with children and teens. Most are certified by the U.S. Tennis Association.
Every NYJTL instructor—on and off the court—has undergone a background check and is certified by New York City Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) as an out-of-school time instructor.